Sunday, November 16, 2008

Liar's Poker & Straight from the Gut

After a long time, I read a non fiction book which was more thrilling than Sidney Sheldon's novels. Liar's Poker is one book that must be read by every individual who is skeptical about Share Market and the way it works. Hats off to Michael Lewis for portraying 1985's Bond Market in such an awesome manner. The best thing about the novel is its simplicity, the author has narrated the story in an excellent fashion. And kudos to author's sense of humor, for instance, the way he explains the incidence of SEC's raid over a petty theft issue is simply hilarious. Kudos to him.

This weekend, I happened to read Jack Welch's story in his own words. Man, what an inspiring book it is, I regret for not reading it all these years! I must say, he's one hell of an inspiration. :-) He is rightly named the "Manager of the Century" by Fortune. More than anything, I liked his frank ness in saying what he is, he talks about his love for power and the dirty politics which he had to play to become the youngest CEO. I think only he and Steve Jobs are able to do so. I must say, its one book that no one should miss out!

No comments: